Safari, the Swahili word meaning journey. Join us on an African inspired culinary journey through Cape Town’s historical city centre. On our Cape Town Food and Drink Safari Tour, you will be immersed in African cuisine mixed with some of the best local food.
About this activity
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Duration: 4 hours
Starting time: 14:00
Live tour guide
The Meeting Point Restaurant, 67 Strand Street, Cape Town (CBD)
The original experience
- Enjoy 3 traditional African dishes, including a beer and sweet treat pairing.
- Experience the passion of the people creating the dishes.
- Familiarise yourself with the agricultural and architectural history of the Mother City.
We will be taking you on a 4-hour African-inspired culinary journey through Cape Town’s historical City Centre. You will be indulging in three local and more traditional African dishes and drinks prepared by passionate people making this experience possible.
Avoiding the tourist traps, we give you a personal look at the city’s history and how history influenced our food scene.
The Tours start on Strand Street and consists of an easy walk over 3 km. We will sample a variety of African-inspired cuisine mixed with some of the best local culinary delights from some of Cape Town’s hidden gems.
Along with the vibrant history of the City Centre, you will learn more about the migrants that made this great city their home while we take you on a Food Safari that stretches from Tanzania to Ethiopia. Enjoy the multicultural city as we walk from stop to stop while indulging in dishes like bunny chow, vegetable curry, and sweet treats.
This tour includes three local dishes, craft beer tasting, and two wine tastings. We end the tour in Wale Street, City Center, where we will have our last tasting.
- Small group tour by local guide
- Food and beverage tastings
- Extra food and drinks
- Transport to the starting point or from the ending point
COVID-19 Special Information
- Guests will receive a mandatory temperature check
- Guests are required to bring and wear masks
- Guests are required to record track & trace information
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunscreen / Hat
Know before you go
- Not suitable for guests who require walking assistance
- Guests are advised to be punctual
- Tour operates rain or shine
- Come hungry
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.